Monday, February 21, 2011

"When once you have tasted flight..."

Exhileration doesn't even begin to describe the feeling.  Nothing does...or perhaps I just don't have a large enough vocabulary.  Perhaps there is a word out there to describe what I want to say.  I'm sure "normal" people wouldn't understand.  They don't have the need to feel that.  They know they're alive, no need to check...but as for me...I need to make sure.  I need to feel this...this...feeling. 

Flying.  That's part of it.

I'm not talking about buying a ticket from an airline and going from one place to the next.  No.  That's not this.  This is so much more. Actually feeling the wind on your face as you are moving above the Earth.  Its an amazing feeling.

So far I've flown by means of using a harness and a zip line.  If you haven't tried this, you should.  Hopefully before I die I'll be able to fly by means of other things, like parachutes, hang-gliders, etc.  Someday I'll blog about those adventures...but for now...ziplining creates a feeling inside undefinable...

No comments:

Post a Comment